Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

A Little Bit of Lameness

I took a week off because I really couldn't say much about the last page. With page 5, I now have something to say...

This page features Jimmy and Danny and shows the entrance of a new character that will be fully introduced in upcoming pages. I believe that I have mentioned before that Danny's look is based of of Ryan. The only difference is that Danny's hair is a little more blonde. Well, this new character that we are just seeing now is longer haired version of myself. (And a little skinner). I really don't know why we put our looks into these two characters. I think, initially, it was to help with conceptualization. Also, Danny's apartment, which was only seen for one page, was based on the first apartment that we had together about 3 years ago. Not that our new apartment really looks that much different (It just has more space and a nicer kitchen. The main reason for that is that the first page was first conceptualized three years ago as well.

My main point to this whole post is that though the characters bear some strong resemblances to ourselves, the two of them are not the same as my husband and I. They have different careers and personality traits. So, don't worry about it.

In other news, I'm still working on getting the Drunk Duck Awards up and running for this year. I hope to have the categories finalized soon, so I can get on to the next step. The next step is opening up the floor for people to nominate their comics or other people's comics...Actually nominate is not really the right word. It is more that they are raising awareness of their comics so people will nominate them in July. I'm making sure I'm leaving plenty of time of everything to do with the awards to get done. I really like doing this project and I hope to be able to continue running it as long as there is an interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment